Networker

Re: [Networker] Performance tuning

2009-06-17 08:33:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Performance tuning
From: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 12:29:40 -0000
I've been considering not having a page file at all. After all, I don't really
need virtual memory, rather just use more of what's there.

But I'm not sure if it's a good idea. At least I want to know if that has
perhaps some negative impact on the system?

As far as I know, this measurment memory:pages/sec has to do with pagefile.sys.
Can applications have it's own temp file to page with like the operating system
uses pagefile.sys?

Johannes