Networker

[Networker] Slow recover of directories/files of DSA NDMP backup

2009-06-11 08:52:48
Subject: [Networker] Slow recover of directories/files of DSA NDMP backup
From: dmitri <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:44:13 -0400
Matthew Huff wrote:
> We have a Legato 7.4.4 server running on a Sun T2000 running solaris 10. It
> has a dedicated gig-e connection to our netapp servers. We are doing DSA
> based network NDMP backups of about 6TB of data on our netapps. We have
> tested restores with no issues, but we are running into problems doing a
> directed restore of about 65MB of developer file. There are about 200 files
> in the directory. We could do a saveset restore but that would require
> temporary space of close to 1TB which we don't have.
> The restore operation has now been running for 5 days, and doesn't look to
> finish anytime soon. Anyone run into this and have any suggestions?

Matthew, we have precisely same setup as you do, but I haven't seen such a
problem.  Recovery does take some time, but it's because NW needs to walk
through the whole saveset to find the file.  How do you execute recovery?  It
probably doesn't matter, but I don't really know where to start.
>From my NW server I do:
"recover -c NetApp -R NetApp"
I have an NA volume, created for recoveries only, that's where I set my
"relocate" to

sorry for not being able to help more