Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.2.2 clients with large files problem

2009-06-10 12:01:14
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.2.2 clients with large files problem
From: Greg Etling <getling AT STERN.NYU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:45:37 -0400
Hello,

I am running into a problem with scheduled backups on a Networker 7.2.2 server. By setting NSR_KEEPALIVE_WAIT=300 on the clients, I am able to run full backups of the systems in question but the backup fails when the scheduled backup runs. The common thread for these systems is the existence of large files (> 1GB), and they are failing their scheduled backups the same way as they used to before the keepalive was added:

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* ie-1:/yesterday 1 retry attempted

I'll run a verbose save tonight to get more details, but I'm curious what other next steps might be recommended given that it is only a problem for scheduled backups.

And yes, I know I need to upgrade - working on that as well. Thanks.

Greg
---
Greg Etling <getling AT stern.nyu DOT edu <mailto:getling AT stern.nyu DOT edu>>
Systems Administrator
Stern IT Enterprise Operations
NYU Stern School of Business

212-998-0746