Networker

[Networker] Backingup wondows Profiles with LTO 4

2009-06-09 15:44:15
Subject: [Networker] Backingup wondows Profiles with LTO 4
From: "Terveen, Frank" <Frank.Terveen AT AFM DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:38:57 +0200
Hi all

We are running a Windows only
Networker 744 network with a clustered file server
Using a Quantum lto 4 robot we are trying to get a decent throughput for the
backup

All servers perform rather well
Except the file server
we got support saying this is because of the amount of small files

Any reference would be nice on backing up profiles on windows

I canlt believe this drops down performance to less than 10 mb per sec

Any help please
Thanx in advance

met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards

Frank Terveen
--------------------------
Sent via BB
Disclaimer:
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer_english/
Indien u de link niet kunt openen, neemt u dan contact op met
telefoonnummer +31 (0)20 7972000. Meer informatie vindt u op de
website http://www.afm.nl.
If you are unable to access the link, please dial +31 (0)20
7972000
Additional information is available on the website
http://www.afm.nl.