Networker

[Networker] How to backup Index to remote server?

2009-06-04 19:55:36
Subject: [Networker] How to backup Index to remote server?
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT au>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 09:49:40 +1000
Hi,
I have 2 L700 legato servers at different geographical locations.

Of course it makes sense to back these up to each other.

When I added my original server to the second one's client config, it backs up "All" but never goes into the /nsr/index directory and backs that up.

So I explicitly added each filesystem. It appears to backup /nsr/res/ contents but it never does so for the Index.

For the purposes of the exercise, how do I configure my 2 legato servers to back each other up, specifically the /nsr/index directory?

I know all about savegrp -O but I do not think that works remotely on another
server's index?

Thanks

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove AT zeta.org DOT au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html