Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 - monitoring clone sessions

2009-06-04 14:27:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.4 - monitoring clone sessions
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:20:18 -0500
> Mark Davis
>
> When running nsrclone on a list of savesets, and viewing the
> Monitoring/Sessions tab, and with "Show: Clone Sessions", there is no
> dynamic update showing the progress of the job. It simply shows the
> total amount to be cloned and then does not update. When the job is
> complete, the session disappears.
>
> If I run nsrwatch, I do see the dynamic update of the job:
>
> cloning session:19 of 59 save set(s) reading from VT600029 31 GB of 82
GB
>   servername:cloning session saving to pool 'vtl3clone' (VT600036)
>
> Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a workaround?

If you can generate (or already know) a list of the ssids that are being
cloned, you can run mminfo against that list and watch the "copies" field.
Those with only one copy are not yet cloned. The totalsize (or sumsize)
field will also give you a rough idea of the relative time to clone them
based on their size.

I realize that's not a whole lot, but it's more than nwadmin/nsrwatch will
tell you.  :-)