Networker

[Networker] LTO2 tapes with L1 in label

2009-06-03 16:46:49
Subject: [Networker] LTO2 tapes with L1 in label
From: Jim Thorsley <thor AT CSD.UWO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:37:50 -0400
Hi. We have a Sun L50 library with 3 LTO2 drives. When we installed the tapes
came with sticky barcode labels. These labels ended with 'L1'. I didn't think
anything of it and used the labels on the LTO2 tapes and everything works
fine. Now We're thinking of upgrading the drives to LTO4. I know LTO4 will
read LTO2 tapes but I read somewhere that the 'L1' suffix on the barcode
may prevent the LTO2 tapes from being loaded into the LTO4 drive. Is this
true? If so, is there a way around it? All the tapes internal labels match
the barcodes. Will I be able to read my old LTO2 tapes?

-Jim