Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo/nsrdmin question.

2009-06-01 14:43:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo/nsrdmin question.
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 13:33:18 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] mminfo/nsrdmin question., Khan, Sami said (at...:

I have moved from Netbackup/Unix to Networker 7.2/Windows environment.
While 7.5 looks nice, I will have to do with 7.2 for sometime.

Ok, as long as you're aware of the risks.

I was wondering if someone could please give me pointers on how to find
Average Daily Backup of incremental and full separately. Also how can I
find size of a full monthly?

All the information you're looking for is stored in the media database,
and the tool to query the media database is mminfo.  I recommend you read
the documentation on mminfo, specifically the UNIX man page for mminfo in
the back of the Administrator's guide PDF.

Start by reading up on the -X flag and see if that's enough, or if you
need to create a custom query (-q queryspec) and report (-r reportspec).

If you get stuck with mminfo, ask questions on the list and someone will
be able to help you out.

Tim
edu