Networker

[Networker] Having issues with "ALL" saveset

2009-05-28 15:54:58
Subject: [Networker] Having issues with "ALL" saveset
From: jasondre <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:49:54 -0400
James Pratt wrote:

> Hello! - A client being a VM should not make any difference to NW unless
> you are using VCB/legato integration module etc, -
>
> What kind of errors/messages are you getting that lead you to believe
> it's not being backed up properly/completely? VSS errors, or ... ?
>
> Regards,
> Jamie

I didn't think that it being a VM would make a difference either but since I am
new the VM world I thought I would ask.

I'm not receiving any errors, the job completes successfully.  But not
everything that is marked to be backed up is backed up.

I just ran a quick test.  What I did was create a job that is backing up one
directory on the windows 2008 server. I ran the job, it completed, said it
backed up a total of 95MB.

What I did next was go to Networker User on the Windows 2008 server to do a
recover/directed recovery.  I can browse all the way down to the folder that
the files are located in, however, the files themselves don't show up to be
recovered.