Networker

Re: [Networker] Reading LTO Cartridge Memory chip contents

2009-05-27 18:03:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Reading LTO Cartridge Memory chip contents
From: David Magda <dmagda AT EE.RYERSON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 17:58:19 -0400
On May 27, 2009, at 15:02, A Darren Dunham wrote:

As an example, here's a doc to the SCSI Reference manual of IBM LTO
drives. I took a quick look and I didn't see any operations that would display the CM data directly. If it's in there, writing a tool to do so
shouldn't be too hard.

http://publibfi.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/a3204509.pdf

I think that LTO-CM is internal to LTO, and not part of the SCSI standard. So while there may specification for it, you'd have to join the LTO association to get it, and the T10 people don't have anything to do with it.