Networker

Re: [Networker] Not in media index error

2009-05-26 07:08:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Not in media index error
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 20:55:46 +1000
On 26/05/2009, at 20:49 , Gary07 wrote:

Hello

We are getting "Not in media index error" after deleting one tape (volume) of a pool. Now, we can't add this tape in pool. By the way, Pool itself is not deleted.

How can I add this volume to that pool ? Any related command for this purpose. I guess, it is deleted from media index, so any recovery is required?

Thanks in advance.

You need to rescan the volume. Check the man page for scanner (or PDF documentation).

Typically after loading the volume into a drive, you would run (to reindex)

scanner -i /path/to/device

e.g., if on Linux and the volume is in /dev/nst0, you would run:

scanner -i /dev/nst0

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com