Networker

Re: [Networker] Completely new to networker

2009-05-22 10:28:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Completely new to networker
From: Rick Brode <rick AT BRODETRAINING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 08:23:53 -0600
Mark,

It sounds like you didn't label the volumes associated with your file devices. In the "Devices" window, click "Devices" in the left pane, right-click a file device in the right pane and select "Label" from the pop-up menu. Select the InfBackup pool in the resulting pop-up window. If you have already labeled them, it could be they aren't mounted. Make sure a volume name shows in the "Volume name" field in the Devices window. If there is no volume name, right-click the device and select "Mount".

Rick

Mark_B wrote:
Ok, first the sob story to get it out of the way!  i have been given Networker
7.5.1 and NMI 3.0 to intigrate with our Informix databases, and been told to
get it all working!  No training and a short deadline!

So here is what i have achieved so far:

installed server, client and license server onto master Legato server (called
LEG01 from now on).  Installed client onto informix server (called INF01 from
now on).

On Leg01, i created 3 file devices on e:\backups\devicex where x is 1, 2 and 3.
 I then added these devices to a Media Pool called InfBackup.

Then created a client for INF01 to back up C: drive (as i was just testing
functionality, have not even got close to informix yet!) and associated this
with a group called TESTGROUP to separate out from the default group.

in the Media Pool i associated the TESTGROUP data source to the media pool.

Now when i try and force start the TESTGROUP backup, it all looks good until
the point where it says :

'Waiting for 1 writeable volume(s) for pool 'InfBackup' disk(s) on LEG01'

I have gone through all of the configuration screens i can find as well as the admin guide for Networker 7.5 and can not see what i have missed.
I am sure that this is something insanely stupid that i am not ticking or
doing, but have spent a day going around in a loop on this and would appreciate
any help i could get on this.

And please feel free to deride me if its something completely stupid i have
done :)  i am big enough to take it.

Mark