Networker

[Networker] Tracking Recovers

2009-05-22 05:21:37
Subject: [Networker] Tracking Recovers
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 05:12:31 -0400
Roberta Gold wrote:
> I am looking for suggestions. What is the best way to track recovers? Is
> there a report that can be run? Or does everyone just search the logs? Is
> there reason to track recovers? Thanks.
> --
> Roberta Gold

I just do a quick search of the logs, something along the lines of:

egrep ' starting read | done reading ' daemon.log | grep -v cloning

which should get you 90+% of the way there.

As to why, the primary reason that comes to mind is auditing.  My main purpose
of this search is for SAS-70 qualification.  If you have servers from your
Accounting department in the backup, I can also see the possibility of queries
related to SOX.

--TSK

Tim Kimball
http://sungak.net