Networker

[Networker] Index / Boostrap saving issue

2009-05-21 03:24:06
Subject: [Networker] Index / Boostrap saving issue
From: kurianv <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 03:00:09 -0400
Hi,

I have upgraded our Networker server from 7.2 t 7.4 Sp4 on windows. I have an
issue with one of my Groups. One of my Groups which also has Networker Server
included with it runs bootstrap and index every day , even if the schedule for
all the clients is skipped on the same day, it  asks for the tape labelled
under the same pool.

Because of this issue , what i did was created another Pool for Index and
included this pool with the above mentioned group. And when the bootstrap ran
it got saved in the tape labelled as index pool. But then another problem
arised with this. That is,  since i have enabled Cloning for my Group having
backup server, it started asking for Clone pool tape for the tape labelled as
index. I would like another solution for this so that either it does not ask
for index/bootstrap saveset everyday or let the index run but it should not ask
for the clone tape.

Your suggestions would be valuable.

Regards,
kv