Networker

Re: [Networker] Suppressed lines of output

2009-05-19 06:27:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Suppressed lines of output
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 20:21:01 +1000
Hi Frank,

On 19/05/2009, at 20:12 , Terveen, Frank wrote:

savegrp: suppressed 1929 lines of output

Dear Guru's,

In which file can I find the suppressed lines of output ?

Even with the verbose setting I get suppressed lines of verbose output ?

So where can I find the verbose output ?

These questions originate from a Networker 7.4.4 Windows only network

Someone told me the NO_SUPPRESS=1 option should be set in the system tab of Networker but silly me I can't find it, or if it is the tab I think it is , this is greyed out

A lott of questions but I hope you can help

Regrettably this information is no longer available. While NetWorker may cite in some versions that the information may be found either in the daemon.[raw|log] file or in the per-client group status details in the nsr/tmp directory, in neither case does the full content of what was suppressed is retained.

The previous setting to enable this was to create a (blank) file called NO_SUPPRESS in the nsr/debug directory, but support for this was also dropped.

The lack of being able to re-enable suppression is, to me, one of the more annoying quibbles I have with NetWorker. Currently the only way you can get this information is to run the backup command that NetWorker would have run, but manually, on the client. This is (to use an Australian term) a crock, because it's bypassing server controlled/ initiated testing and rectification of issues.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com