Networker

[Networker] Setting up our new Exchange server

2009-05-15 17:12:37
Subject: [Networker] Setting up our new Exchange server
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:06:56 -0700
I'd like to ask some advice on setting up our new Exchange 2007 server.  I'm no
expert on the subject of Exchange and am suffering some confusion.

First the basics.  We are still running NetWorker 7.2.2 (I expect to upgrade to
7.5 within a month but not this moment).  Our new Exchange server consists of 4
systems and 6 IP addresses (the old server was 1 box).  The systems are:

MERCURY1      Hub Transport/Client Access
MERCURY3      Hub Transport/Client Access

MERCURY2      Mailbox Server
MERCURY4      Mailbox Server

MERCURY        Windows cluster of MERCURY 2 & 4

MERCURYCCR Exchange Cluster Continuous Replication (CCR) on MERCURY 2 & 4

As I understand it I need to install the NetWorker Client software on each
system individually and I need to install the NetWorker Module for Exchange on
MERCURY 2 & 4 separately.

Questions:  When I tell the Exchange backup group to back this up do I point it
at MERCURYCCR?  If not, what?
I plan on ignoring the clustering aspects until after we upgrade to NetWorker
7.5 and back up each client individually.  Will this work?

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any
attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation