Networker

[Networker] Some issues. GUI only backs to "default" and some more...

2009-05-15 14:31:04
Subject: [Networker] Some issues. GUI only backs to "default" and some more...
From: NEO <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:12:30 -0400
Hey guys

Trying out Networker in our facility. We're a post production company and we
need something to use for longtime archive. At the moment I'm trying out
Networker and TSM. Using them in combination with an HP Autoloader 1/8 G2.
We're running it on a Windows 2003 Server.

Currently have some issues with Networker that I hope to get some help with
here. [Rolling Eyes] :P

1. GUI only backups to the "Default" pool
>From the Networker User GUI I can't choose what pool I send an Backup to. I
>have configured the pools, groups and media appropriately but there's still no
>go. It always sends the backup to the "Default" pool. The client is part of
>the group that is added to the pool. And the media is assigned to the pool.
>But still it just sends it to "default".

>From the command line I can send it to other pools with the -b flag.

2. Commandline "save" is only for archive? Not backup...?

save -b "ODHeinrich" -o "vss:*=off" -y "forever" Y:\PLAYGROUND\rewraped_mxf
3817:save: Using mekarchive01 as server
39078:save: SYSTEM error: Can only archive data to archive pools.

5777:save: Cannot open save session with mekarchive01
7167:save: save completion time: 2009-05-15 16:02:34

Any ideas what could be causing this?

3. Can't browse save sets...?
I have done a bunch of tests and deleted tapes from the indexes and so so maybe
de database is corrupt or something. But when I go to the NetWorker
Administration GUI and "Indexes" and then choose to show save sets for my
client it says "No save sets were found for the client <client>" (I run the
client on the server).
The Save Sets are listed under the "save sets" in the application. And there
the client-column have the correct value so I don't really get it...

Misc questions surrounding NetWorker
Can I from the admin part browse the database? Or maybe from a webbrower? I
mean just like browsing around in it like in the excellent application
"WhereIsIt"...?

I might add some more questions during my test period.

Thanks for helping out and have a nice weekend!

/Henrik