Networker

[Networker] NMM not playing well on DPM server

2009-05-12 14:44:01
Subject: [Networker] NMM not playing well on DPM server
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 14:32:06 -0400
We are attempting to use NMM client on a DPM server.  We have never used
this client before and so everything about it is new to me.  Error
messages appearing in the log are complaining about PowerSnap Service is
failing with the following error: nsrpsd Cannot bind socket to service
port in configured port range on system ...

The default control and data ports of 6728 and 6729 were added to the
client's service port ranges in the networker client software.  I cannot
find the cause of the problem.  I've been assured that there are no
firewalls involved and the permissions are correct.  The service will
indicate that it has started, but after a minute or so, it will abort
with the bind message. Does anyone know where I should be looking to
resolve this issue?

Patti Clark - RHCT, GSEC
Sr. Linux/UNIX System Administrator
Office of Scientific and Technical Information