Networker

Re: [Networker] FYI - NetWorker 7.5.x and deleting savesets from ADV_FILE devices

2009-05-08 00:01:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] FYI - NetWorker 7.5.x and deleting savesets from ADV_FILE devices
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:54:09 +1000
Hi Tim,

On 08/05/2009, at 13:37 , Tim Nicholson wrote:

Hi Preston,

But I would not want to change the browse time.
As I read the manual entry for nsrmm, the browse time belongs to the
save set, not the clone instance.

Would

    nsrmm -e now -S ssid/cloneid

work?

Actually, just doing some tests now, that doesn't work - the following error is produced:

"Save set ssid:x cloneid:y retention time update is before insertion time"

However, if I run:

nsrmm -e "+1 minute" -S ssid/cloneid

that works.

I'm hoping to be testing a fix soon on this, FWIW.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com