Networker

[Networker] NetWorker 7.5.x and tight nsrports settings

2009-05-05 14:28:40
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker 7.5.x and tight nsrports settings
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 14:23:26 -0400
I am finding that nsrexecd does not reliably start on systems where I have used nsrports to restrict the client to just having the four (4) ports it requires. I am seeing this specifically on linux clients. I have measured an average failure to start of 65%. This is with both 7.5 and 7.5sp1.

Since the EMC droid I'm working with is unable to find a machine to test on (give me a break!) -- can anyone else that has restricted the client to using just four ports comment on whether or not they are seeing the same problem?

Thanks,