Networker

[Networker] Storage node config with a phisical library not connected to the NW server

2009-05-04 20:39:37
Subject: [Networker] Storage node config with a phisical library not connected to the NW server
From: JKK <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 20:29:02 -0400
Hi.

I'm trying to configure a storage node on our NetWorker 7.4.4 system. The
networker Server is already managing a VTL library, and then there are 3
storage nodes writing to a tape drive on that library.

This storage node how ever has a SAS connection to a 23 slot library so the
NetWorker server won't be able to have a direct connection to the library.

I've configured the storage node in Networker and the NetWorker server can
see the library and the tape from the Storage Node. But the NW server is
not able to invenotory the slots and detect the tapes. It gives this error:

"jukebox is unavailable. nsrlcpd is not running for this jukebox"

Any suggestions? Is this kind of configuration perhaps not supported? Is it
mandatory that the NW server has a phisical connection to the library as
would be possible with an FC connected library?

JKK