Networker

Re: [Networker] Discoverability of backups... ?

2009-05-01 18:18:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Discoverability of backups... ?
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 15:13:36 -0700
If Networker can't read the label I don't think will accept the tape.
When you relabel a tape it basically puts an EOT (End of Tape) marker
right after the newly written label and most normal tape drives won't
read past that mark.  I've heard others talk about using some tape
control program like "mt" (a Unix tape control utility) to forward the
tape past the EOT or bad section but have no experience with that
myself.

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon