Networker

[Networker] Netware cluster client uses wrong networker index

2009-04-21 21:16:38
Subject: [Networker] Netware cluster client uses wrong networker index
From: kit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:10:39 -0400
You may also wish to ask EMC for LGTsc06219, a new save.nlm that we have been
working on. It provides for correct backup failure reporting in cluster
failover (was reported as successful with a few kb of data) and better
robustnes when backing up many virtual servers with many virtual volumes i.e it
correctly fails when you ask the physical nodes to do too much rather than
hangs.

As mentioned esg103693 will tell you to make sure you are using the NetWare
object name of the virtual node as the networker client name.
If your DNS does not support _ you may need some hosts files entries for name
resolution if you have _ in the name.

Make sure the saveset is lowercase. Uppercase will fail.

Its also worth noting that due to a large virtual node count (12) with high
volume count (5-8 each) I have also had to write an external group control
script that tracks sessions on the physical nodes, only starting the next group
when there is sufficient sessions free.

If you dont have high counts then simply starting each virtual node group
spaced apart will do.

Regards

Kit