Networker

Re: [Networker] Add 1 year to expired tapes in a group

2009-04-08 07:19:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Add 1 year to expired tapes in a group
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT UWS.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 21:14:22 +1000
On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Preston de Guise wrote:

I have yet another case open with EMC over this, because I suspect if I have correctly followed the command syntax, then this must be a bug.
Pretty sure the Index was still browsable etc when we reset the above....

So have you also extended the browse and retention time for the indices for the client as well?

That started being necessary around the 7.3.x point - not only to extend the browse/retention times for the backup, but the associated indices. While that's normally been required for an actual index recovery (I admit I haven't been following this tread completely), it may assist in this scenario.

No! I didn't realise that that was a requisite. We moved straight from 7.2.1 to 7.4.2 and although I have read through the admin guide several times, I don't recall seeing this. I guess this is because we have only ever had to do this for the first time. I won't get caught by that one again.

Thanks for the helpful advice - this is something I guess I overlooked.

--
Rachel Polanskis                Systems Admin, University of Western Sydney
ADD Werrington North Campus     (+61 2) 9678 7291  <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT