Networker

Re: [Networker] savepnpc

2009-04-08 04:25:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] savepnpc
From: Will Parsons <w.parsons AT LEEDS.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:16:52 +0100
Hi Joel,
This sounds like you're looking for the "Client retries" attribute of the Group which is driving the backups. If you set that down to zero, then a failure is a failure, and that's an end to it. This will affect all clients in the group, so if this client is the odd one out it might be worth looking at putting it in a separate group, and leaving the others with NetWorker allowed to re-try on failure.

If you're specifically looking for a way to stop an entire large group (multiple clients & save-sets) in the event of a certain save-set failing, then you probably would need to be looking at something using nsradmin.

HTH.
Will

Joel Fisher wrote:
Hey Guys/Gals,

I've got a group that is setup to run a precmd.  It's been working for
several years.  Due to a couple problems lately, I'm trying to add a
little more error checking and control.

I would like the group to fail if the precmd fails.  Currently if the
script returns anything other than a 0(successful) it just retries the
command twice for each defined saveset in the group.  This isn't the
behavior I was expecting or want.  I'm just wondering if anyone else has
seen this problem or has a suggestion on how to get the savegrp to stop
if the precmd fails.  I had thought about just using a nsradmin command,
within the precmd script, to stop the group if the precmd failed, but
that seems like a circular kludge.

I've been through the man pages and docs w/o much enlightenment.

Solaris 10

Networker 7.4.3

Thanks,

jf

w.parsons AT leeds.ac DOT uk
UNIX Support
Information Systems Services
The University of Leeds
+44 113 343 5670

“I’m not against progress, it’s the change I do not like” – Mark Twain