Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup of a storage node fails

2009-04-07 06:47:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup of a storage node fails
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:42:24 +1000
Hi,

On 06/04/2009, at 22:29 , kurianv wrote:

Hi,
Preston thank you very much for your recommendations....I do consider the options of upgrade to 7.4.X. Infact we have already purchased the licenses and is planning. But what my question is that will this issue be solved if i upgrade it to 7.4.3.....

My second question is that how do we look for the nsrmmd polling interval and all other parmaeters which you mentioned in your post through Networker. What i can see from the devices configurations are these :

1) Device Polling Interval  = <NIL>

2) Device min Load tries = <NIL>

...and etc

Could you tell me the procedure to set these parameters?

I was referring to the nsrmmd polling intervals within the NetWorker resource.

From within the configuration area of NMC, you'd be looking at the server properties, as seen by right-clicking the server at the very top of the configuration tree and choosing properties/setup (sorry, I don't have NMC in front of me at the moment) from that contextual menu.

Since I always avoided the GUI pre-7.3 wherever possible, I have to admit to not being able to immediately recall where you would find it in a 7.2 server.

For nsradmin, you'd do the following:

nsradmin> option hidden
nsradmin> show nsrmmd polling interval:; nsrmmd restart interval:; nsrmmd control timeout:
nsradmin> print type: NSR

If you wanted to change these, you'd follow with the command (doubling from defaults):

nsradmin> update nsrmmd polling interval: 6; nsrmmd restart interval: 4; nsrmmd control timeout: 10

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com