Networker

[Networker] NMM for Exchange 2007 CCR cluster fails

2009-04-02 11:15:55
Subject: [Networker] NMM for Exchange 2007 CCR cluster fails
From: Mats Atari <mats.atari AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:11:01 -0400
I have installed NMM 2.1-SP1 in a Exchange 2007 CCR cluster on Windows 2003
x64 server platform.
The Backupserver is also a Windows server with NetWorker 7.4-SP4.

I get the following error message when trying to run a backup:

49931:nsrsnap_vss_save: RM .. 024225 ERROR:Failed to initialize the
Replication Manager Exchange Interface service with error code 0x8007042d.
Make sure the service is installed and the DCOM component is registered.
Verify that the user account is a member of Exchange Organization
Administrators and Local Administrators. Try to start the service manually.
63351:nsrsnap_vss_save: NMM .. failed to successfully gather VSS metadata
for active writers -- error 0x8007139f. Backup cannot continue.
63333:nsrsnap_vss_save: NMM .. process replica not attemped. Preparation
step failed.
63335:nsrsnap_vss_save: NMM backup failed to complete successfully.
50406:nsrsnap_vss_save: nsrsnap_vss_save: Sending backup status to nsrsnap
68151 1238672493 2 0 0 7008 2820 0 EXCHNODE02 nsrsnap_vss_save 39
nsrsnap_vss_save: Exiting with failure. 0

Also I get similar error messages if I try to run the following command on
the Exchange host:

nsrsnap_vss_save -c EXCHNODE02 -A NSR_VIRT_SERV=EXCHMBX01 -?
or
nsrsnap_vss_save -?

I tried these commands with several different users, rebooted the host,
checked DCOM credentials, checked a lot of stuff...

Anyone else who has ran into similar problems or have any, just any kind of
idea´s on how to get around this problem?

WKR, Mats