Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Powerlink account information totally wrong, can't find anyone to there to fix it.

2009-03-20 08:51:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Powerlink account information totally wrong, can't find anyone to there to fix it.
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:44:25 -0400
 Good luck.  I've been working our mess ever since they stood up
PowerLink.  We are one rather small office in DOE.  I've seen us listed
as part of the Air Force, Laurence Livermore (which is actually another
DOE entity), wrong address, etc.  I still cannot confirm when our
support expires according to EMC records.  This past year we finally
seem to have all of our LACs assigned to us to where I can manage them
through PowerLink.  Until then, I had to use phone & email in order to
manage our licenses.

We've gone through our vendor and up and down the EMC support chain.  I
cannot give you a name of any individual that has been a key help except
to say that the sales folks seem to get a bit more leverage when renewal
time rolls around.

Patti Clark
Sr. Linux Administrator
DOE/OSTI