Networker

Re: [Networker] Correlation between Linux udev rules and the 'Use Persistent Binding' attribute

2009-03-19 09:30:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Correlation between Linux udev rules and the 'Use Persistent Binding' attribute
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:24:04 -0400
Hi

First off, I mis-spoke in my earlier mail.  'Use Persistent Binding' is
a STORAGE NODE attribute, not a jukebox attribute.

It works fine with jbconfig and inquire, too.  That said, I'm not sure
how to answer your question.  Since the attribute is set by storage
node, it's fine to use persistent binding with a VTL on one storage node
and 'regular' binding on another storage node.

Does that help?

tl