Networker

Re: [Networker] Removal of older save sets

2009-03-18 12:49:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Removal of older save sets
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:44:16 -0400
On
> Behalf Of A Darren Dunham
> Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 12:14 PM
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
> Subject: Re: [Networker] Removal of older save sets
>
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 09:53:40AM -0400, Matthew Powell wrote:
> > Is there any way in Enterprise Backup Software(Legato) 7.4 that all
> > older save sets that are expired can be removed? Is there an
internal
> > part of Legato that will take care of this or do I have to script
this
> > to get it to work? If anyone has any suggestion on this it would be
> > greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Removed from what?  Are you trying to erase the media they're on, or
are
> you trying to purge their records from the media database?  (Or
> something else?)
>
> I'll ask it another way... what problem are you trying to solve?
>
> --
> Darren

Having asked this once before myself when I first created volumes that
were too large to work with on a CDL, I think what he's looking for is
to clear up volume space by deleting old/expired ssid's from the
mediadb:

(Please slap/yell at me if any of this is incorrect, but I just tried
parts of it and seems ok?!)

This is on Win2k3/NW 7.4.2 -

Pull up every ssid that is "recyclable" status on server, dump them all
to file =

 mminfo -av -q "ssrecycle" -r "ssid" > c:\ssids.txt

Remove from media db all the savesets in the file created above =

nsrmm -S -f "c:\ssids.txt" -dy

Fix/Check media DB when done:

nsrim -X

(Note - I can't get the -f "file" to work on Windows/NW 7.4.2, so I
would just use a macro in Textpad32 to add 'nsrmm -S "ssid goes here"
-dy'
around all the ssid's, then I would run it as a .bat)

regards,
Jamie