Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade from Networker 7.2 to 7.4 Sp3

2009-03-09 04:14:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade from Networker 7.2 to 7.4 Sp3
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:13:03 +1100
On 09/03/2009, at 19:03 , kurianv wrote:

hi preston,
thanks for the reply....so it means we can use the old license itself to activate the old clients itself rite ?

There is effectively no activation. If the client is using a license now, it will continue to use a license after the upgrade.

And for the bug..i hav hrd about it..but i did not seriously consider this ? do u have any link to this issue being posted anywhere like powerlink or anywhere itself ? i am really concerned after u told about this bug ? what is it related to?

All versions of NetWorker have bugs/known issues - same as for any software. What I was referring to was that each version of NetWorker gets updated release notes that include lists of "known issues"; what I was referring to was that unless you're planning to go to 7.4.3 because of differences between the "known issues" in the 7.4.3 release notes and the 7.4.4 release notes, you should go to 7.4.4.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com