Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??

2009-03-05 12:06:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:03:59 -0600
Hello,
You should review the DR guide again for all options, however, since the
OS  will be the same, simplest thing would be to stop networker , copy nsr
directory, to the new server, clean up old lib definitions and redo
jbconfig or re-configure new lib via GUI and do extensive testing and
place in production, the old server can be shut down, just in case, i
would reuse the ip and the host name on new server so that clients will
not know the difference.You will need to update\enablers etc afterwords
and add any licences that may have changed, i,e autoloader with higher
slot count if needed & do host transfer.
Lastly, rerun the nsrck -L5 to re-check the index etc, recently , some one
posted details on this process.
using mmrecov is a true disaster option and is well documented.
HTH

eljub <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
03/05/2009 06:14 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject

soupdragon wrote:
> From the Disaster Recovery manual:
>
> Note: The mmrecov command is used to recover only the media database and
resource files. To recover the client file indexes (including the
NetWorker server’s own client file index), use the nsrck command. The
NetWorker Command Reference Guide provides details about the mmrecov and
nsrck commands

> After mmrecov completes, the Networker service needs to be stopped, the
recovered nsr res.R directory renamed and the service restarted. My guess
is that nsrck -L7 is failing because it expecting the server name to be
that of the old server. You can modify the local /etc/hosts file (assuming
this is first name resolution preference) and add the old hostname before
the new. Then the nsrck -L7 should work.

> There are a number of different scenarios concerning recovery of one
server to another in the Recovery Roadmaps section of the Disater Recovery
Guide

Hello, thanks for the tip with the host file but it doesn't work.
The nsrck -L7 shows alway the same error. "can't find index backups for
..."

Is it so strange to create a new server ?
There is no way to import the index files in it ??
Like this nsrck -L7 -import "oldserver"

|This was sent by eljub1 AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type