Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker host: Solaris vs. Windows vs. Linux

2009-03-05 08:27:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker host: Solaris vs. Windows vs. Linux
From: Tom Birkenbach <tom.birkenbach AT WMICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 08:24:11 -0500
Generally, I agree in making minimal changes.  For me, it's all one big
change.  I'm new to both Solaris and NetWorker.  Since I'm more familiar
with Windows, and being that I'm the one that's responsible for the
enterprise backup system, I thought this would be a good opportunity to
eliminate one unknown for me (Solaris) and concentrate learning efforts on
just NetWorker.

There may be good reasons as to why not to go to a Windows platform or to
make these two changes.  That's what's prompted me to post to this list.
I'm hoping to learn from others experience before making some colossal
mistakes...

-Tom