Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker host: Solaris vs. Windows vs. Linux

2009-03-04 18:04:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker host: Solaris vs. Windows vs. Linux
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 01:00:56 +0200
Tom Birkenbach wrote:
Are there performance issues with running the NetWorker server on a Windows
server?
Are there other problems or potential "issues" that others have experienced
in running NetWorker services (server, storage node, client) that I should
be aware of?

I'm going to be doing an upgrade from NetWorker v7.3.2 on Solaris 8 to
v7.4.x on new hardware.  I'm thinking of changing the OS to Windows Server 2008.

Out of curiosity, what OS platform are people using to host the NetWorker
server?
Windows (and what ver.)?
Linux (what distribution)?
Solaris (and ver.)?

  Solaris 10 on a 6 core (1Ghz) T1000 with Networker 7.4.4.

Your time, effort and input is greatly appreciated.

-Tom B.

-- Yaron.