Networker

[Networker] Command for recovering

2009-03-03 11:43:00
Subject: [Networker] Command for recovering
From: kurianv <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:39:11 -0500
Fazil Saiyed wrote:
> Hello,
> Although you can use cmd line, you may find it simpler to chose networker
> user to do the recovery, just choose saveset recovery, if you have enough
> space on backup server then to recover path, type in local path , i.e
> D:\restore.Then just copy out the file when it's recovered to the target
> system.
> If you do not have enough space or if you know  the  original path of the
> file to recover then after choosing saveset recover and typing in recover
> path as above ( it can also be a mapped drive), type in file info ( Files
> Tab)  exactly as original, keeping in mind case sensitivity, this would
> recover single file while doing saveset recover.
> HTH
>

> kurianv <networker-forum < at > BACKUPCENTRAL.COM>
> Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER < at > LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU>
> 03/03/2009 06:30 AM
> Please respond to
> NETWORKER < at > LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU

> NETWORKER < at > LISTSERV.TEMPLE.EDU
> cc
>
> Subject
> Command for recovering
>

> can any1 give me the command for Networker 7.2 / windows for recovering a
> particular file from a saveset to a particular location.
>
> Specifically the file which is to be recovered is on a mapped location in
> a client which is backed up seperately wholly as a saveset and it has an
> SSID ?
>
> actually iam getting confused while loking in the command reference
> guide..thtswhy i asked ....
>
> rgds,
> kv

> |This was sent by kurianji < at > gmail.com via Backup Central.
> |Forward SPAM to abuse < at > backupcentral.com.

> networker-request < at > listserv.temple.edu if you have any problems with
> this
> list. You can access the archives at

Thanks guys for the reply. For stans reply, i would try that option. But still
there is no way to point out from which saveset i want the file.

Now for Fazil, I already tried that option. But When i put the file location,
for eg : //ClientX/data/group/data.doc in the files part, it goes for
recovering the complete saveset i.e, "//ClientX/data/group". But I tried
another option by specifying the client  name where it is mounted.

It goes like this Client A://ClientX/data/group/data.doc  and the recover path
' CLIENT A://ClientX/data/group/data.doc is not normalized.

So is there any other option. Then you would ask me why dint i do directed
recover. But the fact was that i cant view the mapped drive or the saveset even
if the backup is successful. I have already posted about this subject earlier
and no1 could give me exact answers for that too. You can see it under the
subject name in the previous post may be 2 days old stated as ' Location of
successful saveset no viewable'.

Any ideas on the recover command ?

rgds,
kv