Networker

Re: [Networker] How to recover backed up data to another server

2009-03-02 22:28:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to recover backed up data to another server
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:25:49 -0500
> From: "Batjargal.R" <batjargal AT MOBICOM DOT MN>
> Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:13:55 +0800
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: Re: [Networker] How to recover backed up data to another server
>
> Thanks Swang,
>
> I'm already installed MSSQL NW module on the NW server.
>
> I want to recover MSSQL_Server1 backed up data from NW server to on
> MSSQL_Server2.
> How to resolve it?

This is just a directed recover. Add in the userid@hostname of the client
who will do the recover into the remote access field of the client's who's
SQL data needs to be recovered. Install the SQL module onto the client that
will be used to recover the data, then start up the SQL module on the
destination client and it let you switch to the client that owns the data.
Details of this should be in the NetWorker Administrator's Guide on
PowerLink or perhaps in the documentation for the SQL module, which should
also be on PowerLink.