Networker

Re: [Networker] No Acitvity after staarting group

2009-03-02 09:36:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] No Acitvity after staarting group
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 09:35:20 -0500
I would not leave the /nsr/res/servers file empty... That represents a
security vulnerability in that anybody on your network who installs a
Networker server can effectively steal this clients data by setting it
up as a client and backing it up once... The /nsr/res/servers file
should contain the only Networker Servers name which is authorized to
back that client up...  It should never be blank for this reason..

To really find out why this client is not backing up, I would login to
the client and stop the nsrexecd process/daemon, run it from a command
prompt with a '-D9' option to enable debugging, then go back to the NW
server and run 'savegrp -vvv -c groupname' on the server to observe what
happens on each end... That may give you some clues as to where to look
further...