Networker

[Networker] No Acitvity after staarting group

2009-03-02 03:08:41
Subject: [Networker] No Acitvity after staarting group
From: kurianv <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 03:07:49 -0500
soupdragon wrote:
> Hope I'm not statingt he obvious - you have got the correct storage node
> first in the client storage node definition list.
>
> Also I have found telnet (if you have it) and netstat useful were firewalls
> are in place.
>
> Telnet from server to client on port 7937 - check it has connected and  run
> netstat -a on client to see hostname connected on 7937 is that of the server.
> Also try the same from the client to the storage node.

Hi Dragon,
Thanks for ur reply. Actually the network admin has confirmed that there is no
firewall setting. But I have another useful information. I found out that this
client is actually a stand alone server which is attached to our network in the
offsite with storage node. We have the same replica of the client in our main
site with another name in our network with the backup server which is backed up
successfully. It is also stand alone server which is attached to our network
here in main site.

Any ideas ?

regards,
kv