Networker

[Networker] Trouble to restore on Linux with Windows GUI

2009-02-26 18:05:18
Subject: [Networker] Trouble to restore on Linux with Windows GUI
From: tentaal <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:15:29 -0500
Hi,

I use several SuSE Linux Server (OES 2 SP1) with the latest networker client.
Some servers have NSS Volume mounted on /media/nss. Some others has traditional
Ext3 (LVM) mounted on /media/disk1.
Backup of theses files system is working fine. Restoring file from each server
with the recover command is also working fine.

I have a Windows XP workstation with the networker GUI client installed. There
are problems to restore files by this way.

If I chose to restore a file from the server's local file system to the
server's local file system (for example, restoring /etc/nam.conf to
/home/backup) then it works.
If I choose to restore a file from the server's local file system the the
mounted files system (NSS or Ext3 LVM, for example /etc/nam.conf to
/media/disk1/restore) then it also works.
But if I choose to restore a file from the mounted fs to the mounted fs (for
example /media/disk1/somefile.conf to /media/disk1/restore) then it does not
work. Networker client say: Permission denied!

The user used to run the Windows GUI has enough right to write on the
destination restore path. If I ssh to the server with that user I can brows to
/media/disk1/restore and create files and folder.

Do you have any idea about how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.