Networker

Re: [Networker] No entropy device error

2009-02-25 12:13:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] No entropy device error
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:07:26 -0600
In regard to: Re: [Networker] No entropy device error, Goslin, Paul said...:

I just did a test restore of a single file on our HPUX 11.11 client and
it completed with no errors or problems... So we are not experiencing
any restore issues at least...  I just wondered if any one else had seen
this and if they had a resolution for it..

I've been seeing the same entropy error message on my Solaris 10
workstation since upgrading to 7.4.2.

I did some searching in Powerlink and actually turned up a relevant
hit (!).  The EMC knowledgebase article says this is because the /dev
entry is a symlink and O_NOFOLLOW is being passed on open() by nsrexecd.
The article seems to claim it's because of a change in Solaris, but the
explanation is a little hard to swallow because of other things they say.

It doesn't mention HP-UX at all.

Tim