Networker

[Networker] No entropy device error

2009-02-25 08:15:18
Subject: [Networker] No entropy device error
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:12:09 -0500
Server is Win2k3 running 7.4.4, client is HPUX 11.11

When I start the nsrexecd daemon on this HPUX client, I get the
following error message:

Starting nsrexecd
967:nsrexecd: Warning: No entropy gathering device detected (used to
provide ran
dom numbers for authentication). NetWorker will attempt to provide
random number
s. These numbers will never be as random as the numbers that could be
provided w
ith an entropy gathering device.

Is there an easy way to resolve this ? Or should I just ignore it ?

The client seems to backing up fine for the most part, although this
morning it was the only client in a group that failed. I stopped /
restarted the daemon on the client, and have re-started the group and
it's now running its save-sessions....

Regards,

Paul