Networker

Re: [Networker] Probe Job Unrecoverable failure

2009-02-16 15:03:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Probe Job Unrecoverable failure
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:00:44 -0500
The DNS name of the Networker Server MUST always be in the
/nsr/res/servers file or all backup attempts will fail... This is what
authorizes the Server to backup that client...  The Networker server
name should be placed there and then left alone...(unless the server
name changes). The nsrexecd daemon / service should always be running...
Anytime any file that contains configuration parameters such as this one
is changed, the daemon should be stopped and restarted.