Networker

[Networker] Newbie question: Networker 7.1.4 - scanning in tapes?

2009-02-10 12:43:16
Subject: [Networker] Newbie question: Networker 7.1.4 - scanning in tapes?
From: jsanche6 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:32:50 -0500
yes!
scanner -i    will work and update the indexes!
pay attention to the end of the scan because it will tel you the next tape to
load, but it really isn't necessary if your in a hurry to scan the data in!

ITs been awhile, but you my have to create the client to perform a data restore.

nsrjb -u will unmount the tape.
nsrjb -uv -f \\.\Tape0 -S1   will unmount tape from device Tape0 and place in
Slot 1 of the library or whatever slot # you place.