Networker

Re: [Networker] NW user authentication

2009-02-09 13:14:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW user authentication
From: Rick Brode <rick AT BRODETRAINING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:12:40 -0700
It isn't possible in 7.4.x.  However, it is a new feature in 7.5.

Rick

Teresa Biehler wrote:
We're getting ready to upgrade from 7.2.x to 7.4.x.  For the user
accounts defined within the NMC, is it possible to tie the NMC
authentication into an external directory (LDAP, Kerberos, AD, etc.)?
I've read through all the documentation (technical upgrade guide, admin
guide, release notes, etc.) but cannot find any information that
addresses this.  I'd like to avoid creating accounts where passwords
will need to be managed manually rather than being tied to one of our
other authentication mechanisms.