Networker

Re: [Networker] Location of a successful backup saveset not viewable

2009-02-09 09:10:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Location of a successful backup saveset not viewable
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 08:01:59 -0600
Hello,
The method of backup you are using may have it's limitation, especially,
if the saveset are larger, during my testing, this method was very
unreliable, i would not recommend it over NDMP, NFS may be alternative
that needs to be verified.
Thanks

kurianv <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
02/09/2009 01:16 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Location of a successful backup saveset not viewable

Hi,

We have a Netapp filer being mapped on a windows server with 4 Mapped
Locations. So in Networker 7.2 we have added this windows client with
mapped drives as seperate savesets. We do a full backup of the client
including the saveset. We are able to successfully backup. But for
restoring when we check thru Networker User , Iam not able to see one of
the mapped location. The other 3  are viewable with successful backup ,
but the 4th is not viewable.  What is the reason behind this, even though
we have a successful backup of this saveset, why is the location not
viewable thru Networker User ?

For your info we are not using NDMP Backups yet because of some License
issues.

Any suggestions ?

Regards,
kv

|This was sent by kurianji AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type