Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup Problem: Client in Group not Erroring

2009-02-06 13:39:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup Problem: Client in Group not Erroring
From: Roberta Gold <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:37:31 -0800
We are experiencing same problem, with EMC giving us the same solution.

We experienced the exact same problem (client hanging a group) a few
weeks ago after we upgraded to 7.4.x.

What is your server running, NW version and OS version ???
What OS platform/version is your client, and what NW version is
installed on your client ?
 - note - you should ALWAYS state these two things when posting issues
to this mailing list...

Can you initiate a backup from your client ???

We had the same problem with a group of exclusively Unix/Linux clients
(our server is Win2003 w/NW 7.4.4), EMC support had me separate them
into two groups, one of all >= 7.2 NW client package (G1) , and the
others with <= 7.1 client versions (G2)... (since 7.4 server does not
officially support client versions less than 7.2).

Group performance (G1) improved as we upgraded the clients to be >= 7.2
and moved them from one group to the other. We're now at a point where
the majority of Unix/Linux clients are >= 7.2 and are in the larger of
the two groups (G1). There are only 5 clients left that are using <=
7.1, and those are even completing normally all the time. Sounds like
you may simply need to upgrade your client ....