Networker

Re: [Networker] 10gig nic cards and NetWorker

2009-02-05 21:08:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] 10gig nic cards and NetWorker
From: Jose Luis Rodriguez Garcia <jose.l.rodriguez AT TECNOCOM DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:51:08 -0500
We have a SunFire V890 (old server) with the ixge interface from Sun (10
Gbits) with Data Protector (not Networker).

We have many problems with the performance: The PCI-bus is a bottleneck in
this machine (66 Mhz 64 bits), and the ixge driver from Sun is very unstable
(The network interfaces hangs if there packets are dropped, and there is to
reboot the server).

With newer machines (PCI Express), the performance must be better. I have read
good experiencies with T2000 machines.

Regards