Networker

[Networker] 7.4 -> 7.4.1 or 7.4.4 and other upgrade questions

2009-02-04 12:48:33
Subject: [Networker] 7.4 -> 7.4.1 or 7.4.4 and other upgrade questions
From: "J. Carlson" <jmcarlson AT UCDAVIS DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:57:00 -0500
I'm currently on 7.4 (Solaris server with Windows clients).  I would like to
upgrade to at least 7.4.1 in order to be able to backup Linux clients as
well (I have extra client connections).

1) Should I just upgrade to 7.4.1 to get the functionality I need (I don't
really need any of the newer features in 7.4.2 - 7.4.4 at this time) or
should I go to 7.4.4?  7.5 appears to have some issues so it's not even
under consideration at this time.

2) If 7.4.1 is the best way to go in my situation, is there anyway I can
download the needed files (solaris server and windows and linux clients)?
EMC only has 7.4.4 and 7.5 available from their site.

3) To upgrade from 7.4 to 7.4.x do I need to uninstall 7.4 or can I run the
upgrade right over my existing 7.4 installation?  I read in the installation
guide that a direct upgrade is not supported, but I'm not clear if that was
specific to upgrading from 7.3 or for any and all upgrades.

4) any issues I should be aware about in upgrading from 7.4 to 7.4.x?

Thanks for any advice.