Networker

Re: [Networker] Recover To SAN

2009-02-02 16:43:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recover To SAN
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:33:09 +0200
tkutil wrote:
Fazil Saiyed wrote:
No,
You can recover to the SAN volume if it's shared ( map a drive) or locally to where such a drive is assigned as long as the server in question is legato client.
Thanks

I have a windows server that has local storage that I would like to move to a CIFS share on our NETAPP SAN.

  NetApp is traditionally NAS (not SAN)

I was wondering if I could select the Windows Server Client and then select the SAN Volume and change the Recover option to point to the Volume on the SAN where the CIFS share is located.

If you are running the recover on the WIndows client and the CIFS share is mounted (mapped) on that client, then the answer is yes. Simply use the recover's relocate command to instruct it to recover to that drive. I am not aware of a way of telling recover to restore to a NAS share which is not mapped to the client (you can recover to another Windows box if you have the right permissions). If this is the case, why not just copy between the two drives ?

|This was sent by troy.kutil AT milwaukeetool DOT com via Backup Central.

-- Yaron.