Networker

Re: [Networker] volretent in 7.4.x

2009-02-01 16:06:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] volretent in 7.4.x
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 15:58:48 -0500
It is not a "no issue" ... I use the mminfo query looking for tapes that have a volretent more than 5 months in the future to find errors. I can't do that any more after upgrading to version 7.4. It worked just fine in 7.3

In fact, I can't even tell when tapes are past their expiration and I need to go investigate what happened that is keeping them from expiring. That means I have to spend more money on tapes, which makes my management happy... very happy....

Frank